New Zealand-born Barry moved to Hong Kong in 1988 to join the Hilton Hotel as a Junior Banquet Waiter. He had worked his way up to Assistant F&B Manager by the time the Hotel closed in 1995.
Barry then joined Elite Concepts as Project Manager and oversaw many global projects including:
- Yé Shanghai, Pacific Place, Hong Kong
- Yé Shanghai , Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Yé Shanghai, Singapore
- Shrooms, Chijmes, Singapore
- Viaggio, Aukland, New Zealand
- Cuirque Bar, Aukland, New Zealand
- Cinnecitta, Star Street, Hong Kong
- Bebek Bengil, Wanchai, Hong Kong
He joined Enoteca Group in 2006 to help launch Bacar and subsequently became Enoteca Group Operations Manager and shareholder.